Honorees Recognized at the 2014 Academy Honors and Awards Banquet
Audiologists, friends and family joined together at the Academy Honors & Awards Banquet on Thursday, March 27, 2014, during AudiologyNOW! in Orlando, FL. This celebration recognized the Academy Honorees and the AAA Foundation Research Grant recipients.
Each of the 2014 Academy Honorees has made significant contributions to the fields of audiology and/or hearing science. They inspire us to greater heights and remind us of the contributions made on behalf of persons with hearing loss whom we serve.
The 2014 Academy Honorees recognized at the banquet were:
- Richard Wilson, PhD – Jerger Career Award for Research in Audiology
- William Cole, BASc – Samuel F. Lybarger Award for Achievements in Industry
- M. Kathleen Pichora-Fuller, PhD – International Award in Hearing
- Paige Stringer, MA – Humanitarian Award
- Timothy Jones, PhD – Career Award in Hearing or Balance
- Carmen Brewer, PhD - Distinguished Achievement Award
- William Hal Martin, PhD - Distinguished Achievement Award
- Michael Valente, PhD – Distinguished Achievement Award
In addition, Donald Henderson, PhD, 2013 recipient of the Career Award in Hearing or Balance was recognized. He was unable to attend the 2013 Banquet, so his attendance this year gave everyone an opportunity to congratulate him in person.
Congratulations to all of the Academy Honorees!