Chief of Audiology & Associate Professor, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
BA: University of Vermont, 1998
MS: East Carolina University, 2000
PhD: University of Connecticut, 2005
Audiology is a wonderful profession, and I feel fortunate to have dedicated my life to it. While the audiology community clearly faces challenges, I see many wonderful opportunities to advance our field, and I welcome the chance to share my passion with our Academy members and its leaders.
As an Academy, we have a commitment to invest in our patients, our profession, and our future. In order to do so, we must focus on our core values of leadership, advocacy, education, public awareness, and research. I believe that it is critical to situate the Academy as the leader with respect to audiological care and to patients and professionals, at both state and national levels. In doing so, we must continue our efforts to move forward by making hearing healthcare both accessible and affordable to all patients. I also fully support our commitment to enhancing student education, as our students are our future. Like many audiologists, and as a clinician and researcher, I will also encourage our goal to continually advance our field through audiological research.
I truly hope to have the privilege and honor of continuing to serve our profession in a meaningful way through this national leadership role.Area of Special Interest
- Diagnostic and Rehabilitative NeuroAudiology
- ASHA Foundation Graduate Student Scholarship, 2002.
- American Auditory Society Mentored Student Research Award, 2003.
- Best Article in Diagnostic, Audiology Pathways: Temporal Processing., 2003.
- American Auditory Society Mentored Student Research Award, 2004.
- Best Article in Aural Rehabilitation, Assessment and Remediation of an Auditory Processing Disorder Associated with Head Trauma., 2004.
- American Academy of Audiology Student Research Forum, 2005.
- American Auditory Society Mentored Student Research Award, 2005.
- Best Article in Diagnostic, The Auditory Steady State Response in Individuals with Neurological Insult of the Central Auditory Nervous System., 2007.
- Division of Otolaryngology - Resident Teaching Award, 2007.
- American Academy of Audiology Student Research Forum – Mentor, 2009.
- AAS Student Research Award – Mentor, 2009.
- AAS Student Research Award – Mentor, 2011.
- 2010–Present: American Academy of Audiology, Featured Session Chair, AudiologyNOW!2012
- 2010–Present: Student Academy of Audiology, Advisor Board
- 2010–Present: Healthy Hearing, Advisory Board, 2011
- 2010–2011: American Academy of Audiology, Research Pod Chair, AudiologyNOW!2011
- 2010–2013: Student American Academy of Audiology, Advisory Committee Member
- 2009–2010: American Academy of Audiology, National Program Chair, AudiologyNOW!2010
- 2008–2009: American Academy of Audiology, Learning Labs Chair
- 2006–2007: American Academy of Audiology, Student Committee, Member
- 2005–2006: American Academy of Audiology, Pre-Convention Workshop Committee, Member
- 2004–2005: American Academy of Audiology, Exhibitor Review Committee, Member