Why Should I Become a Member?For You and for the Profession
The American Academy of Audiology is the only organization of, by, for Audiologists, and only Audiologists. The Academy is actively developing and implementing programs to advance the profession of audiology by:
For Yourself Professionally
- Supporting the transition of audiology to a doctoral-level profession
- Advocating for Direct Access to audiologists for Medicare and Medicaid patients
- Supporting accreditation of audiology programs by audiologists
- Supporting research in audiology
- Raising recognition of audiology as a diagnostic and treatment profession
- Separating certification from licensure and separating certification from membership
- Implementing PR campaigns to make audiology a household word
- Recruiting high school students and undergraduates to the profession
- And much more… come see for yourself!
As an audiologist, what is important to you? Networking? Educational Opportunities? Access to the most current reimbursement information? Access to the most current research? Advocacy for you and your profession? Membership in the American Academy of Audiology offers all that and more. Here are a few examples of what you are missing as a non-member:
- Two publications: Audiology Today and the Journal of the American Academy of Audiology
- Listserv participation: a way to network and find quick answers to the questions that come up everyday
- Discounted rates on AudiologyNOW!® - with 7000 attendees its the largest meeting of audiologists worldwide. A maximum of 30 CEU hours offered. Discounted rates also available on regional and specialty meetings
- Discounted rates on eAudiology - your online CEU source
- Access to our Coding and Reimbursement experts and resources
- Publishing opportunities through our journal, magazine, and Web site
- Discounted rates on everything from car rentals to professional liability insurance-just for being a member. Learn about these Academy-endorsed programs.
Membership Dues are based on a calendar year and are prorated between the months of March and August. Please contact the membership department
(800-222-2336) to find out the current dues rate.