Suggested Assessment Tools
Programs 1–2 hours in length
Programs 3 hours or more
- Participants write down 2–3 concepts that were new or that are better understood as a result of the course.
- Prepare a short multiple-choice test (5–6 questions); after participants record responses, provide answers for self-scoring.
- Pose a question related to the topic covered during the session. Participants answer the question orally or write a response.
- Participants write/share how they will implement what they have learned once they return to work.
Programs one day or more
- Participants complete a one page written exercise with open-ended questions related to the learning outcomes.
- Prepare a short multiple-choice test (6–10 questions); after participants record responses, provide answers for self-scoring.
- Conduct a simulation similar to a situation participants may encounter. This activity would require participants to apply what they have learned during the session.
- Analyze a case study. Provide participants guidelines on the specific tasks that should be accomplished related to the study.
- Participants complete a written test based on the set of learning outcomes. You can score them or provide the answer for participants to score on their own.
- Participants can be tested orally.
- Participants work in small groups preparing a short presentation where they summarize a specific topic covered during the program. Each group is assigned a different topic.