YUP! AAA 2018 Nashville Conference Is Going to Be GREAT!
There is no question about it! The AAA 2018 Annual Conference in Nashville, Tennessee, is beating registration numbers from many of our past conferences. Such positive conference numbers only translate to the importance of preplanning to make sure you
- Pack your most comfortable shoes.
- Leave plenty of space on your cellphone for the many photos inside the beautiful Music City Center.
- Opt in now to receive texting alerts from the Academy about the latest conference happenings.
- Download the conference guide mobile app to plan the sessions to attend.
- Plan to learn new and exciting audiology facts.
- Are ready to catch up with old and meet new colleagues.
- Attend the First-Time Attendee Orientation on Wednesday at 12:00 pm.
IF you are a new professional, don’t miss the New Professionals in Audiology Conference on Wednesday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm that is aimed at those audiologists who have graduated within the past 10 years, and interested in growing and developing their leadership skills.
Ahhh…you’re not a new professional? This year’s full-day Academy Research Conference on Wednesday is offering translational lectures about Genetics and Hearing Loss from world-renowned leading researchers.
Once again, many special events are planned, including Celebrate Audiology, an opportunity to relax and tour the tastes and sights in this year’s Exhibit Hall at 5:00 pm on Wednesday.
This year’s General Assembly keynote speaker, Jeff Goldsmith, PhD, is a well-respected expert in emerging technologies and trend analyzing health policies. Not only will you be learning about the emerging trends in Big Health Care and the impact on audiology, but you’ll receive continuing education units. Don’t miss it from 8:00 to 9:45 am on Thursday.
Be prepared to choose between enticing Featured Sessions such as (to name a few):
- Landlords, Equipment, Payers…Oh My! Top 10 Tips for Navigating Contracts in Health Care
- Lead Like a Girl
- Great Debate: Is the Future of Audiology Retail or Medical?
- Perspectives on Over-the-Counter Devices
- Thirty Million Words: A Public Health Approach to Early Childhood Education
Of course, it’s important to leave time to listen to Nashville’s best music while also learning how to harmonize with the many voices within our own audiology community.
I look forward to seeing you in Nashville and making some great memories together.