CMS Extends Deadline for PQRS Informal Review Process to December 16, 2015
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is extending the 2014 Informal Review period. Individual eligible professionals (EPs), Comprehensive Primary Care (CPC) practice sites, PQRS group practices, and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) that believe they have been incorrectly assessed the 2016 PQRS negative payment adjustment now have until 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 16, 2015 to submit an informal review requesting CMS investigate incentive eligibility and/or payment adjustment determination.
All informal review requestors will be contacted via email of a final decision by CMS within 90 days of the original request for an informal review. All decisions will be final and there will be no further review.
All informal review requests must be submitted electronically via the Quality Reporting Communication Support Page (CSP) which will be available September 9, 2015 through December 16, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
Follow these steps to submit an informal review request:
- Go to the Quality Reporting Communication Support Page (CSP)
- In the upper left-hand corner of the page, under “Related Links,” select “Communication Support Page”
- Select “Informal Review Request”
- Select “PQRS Informal Review”
- A new page will open
- Enter Billing/Primary Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), Individual Rendering National Provider Identifier (NPI), OR Practice Site ID # and select “submit”
- Complete the mandatory fields in the online form, including the appropriate justification for the request to be deemed valid. Failure to complete the form in full will result in the inability to have the informal review request analyzed. CMS or the QualityNet Help Desk may contact the requestor for additional information if necessary.
Please see 2014 Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS): Incentive Eligibility & 2016 Negative Payment Adjustment - Informal Review Made Simple (available on the PQRS Analysis and Payment webpage) for more information.
For additional questions regarding the informal review process, contact the QualityNet Help Desk at 1-866-288-8912 (TTY 1-877-715-6222) or email QualityNet Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time. To avoid security violations, do not include personal identifying information, such as Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), in e-mail inquiries to the QualityNet Help Desk