Public Awareness Committee
- Assist Academy members in promoting hearing and balance awareness at the local, state and national levels.
- Promote hearing and balance to the general public.
- Work closely with the contracted public relations firm in developing and coordinating promotional and marketing programs and tools for public awareness of hearing and balance disorders, including participation in national awareness campaigns and other national campaigns focused on the hearing and balance health.
- Develop print materials, content for website and other external communications to promote hearing and balance wellness to consumers, as needed, and in collaboration with staff.
- Develop consumer-centric statements to be available on website regarding common hearing and balance concerns.
- Include board liaison, staff liaison, and council chair in communications.
|Chair:||Judy Huch, AuD|
|Co-Chair:||Bridget Shanahan, AuD|
|Members:||Amy Grosnick, AuD|
|Andy Lau, AuD|
|Loribeth D'Elia, AuD|
|Madalyn Rash, AuD|
|Meryl Miller, AuD|
|Thomas Tedeschi, AuD|
|Rebecca Wiacek, AuD|
|Staff Liaison:||Amy Miedema|
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in volunteering for the Public Awareness Committee? Learn more about available volunteer opportunities and how to apply. You must be logged in to the Audiology Community to view and apply for open volunteer opportunities. If you have questions about any of the Academy's volunteer opportunities, please contact Kiersten Valko.