Conference Officially Cancelled
March 11, 2020: In an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our attendees and the patients they serve (who may be part of at-risk populations), the Academy has made the difficult decision to cancel the AAA 2020 + HearTECH Expo (and all related activities and ancillary meetings) due to concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus). This unanimous decision was made by the Academy’s Board of Directors this evening, Wednesday, March 11. Read the full statement.
Moving Guidelines into Practice
Hands-on pavilions will focus on optimizing patient outcomes by verifying best fit of devices and determining candidacy for implantable technology. The pavilions will provide you with opportunities to rehearse skills that will be valuable additions to your practice and will enable you to make best practice, daily practice as soon as you return to the office.
Thursday, April 2, 10:00 am-2:00 pm
Friday, April 3, 9:00 am-2:00 pm
Experience the opportunity to work hands on with multiple hearing aid verification systems, hearing aids from multiple manufacturers, and knowledgeable volunteers who are ready to demonstrate the hearing aid verification skills that allow you to put hearing aid fitting guidelines into practice. Check the schedule to see when your favorite audiologist will be manning the station and come by to hone the skills that will set your practice apart!
Verification Station Sponsored by
Aided-Speech Recognition Testing
Thursday, April 2:
- Dedicated Hands-On Activities (No CEUs)—10:00 am-6:00 pm
- CEU Education (Set-Up and Calibration)—10:30-11:00 am and 2:00-2:30 pm
- CEU Education (Pediatrics MSTB)—11:00-11:30 am and 2:30-3:00 pm
- CEU Education (Adults MSTB)—11:30 am-12:00 pm and 3:00-3:30 pm
- CEU Education (Interpretation and Application)—12:00-12:30 pm and 3:30-4:00 pm
Friday, April 3
- Dedicated Hands-On Activities (No CEUs)—9:00 am-3:00 pm
- CEU Education (Set-Up and Calibration)—9:00-9:30 am and 12:00-12:30 pm
- CEU Education (Pediatrics MSTB)—9:30-10:00 am and 12:30-1:00 pm
- CEU Education (Adults MSTB)—10:00-10:30 am and 1:00-1:30 pm
- CEU Education (Interpretation and Application)—10:30-11:00 am and 1:30-2:00 pm
Looking to differentiate yourself and your practice? Interested in becoming more comfortable with how to incorporate aided speech recognition testing as a way to confirm optimal hearing aid fitting or identify cochlear implant candidates? Learn the practical aspects of how to set up your booth for calibrated, accurate assessments, review best practices and standard batteries, and learn how to interpret and apply your results using peer-reviewed evidence. Have the opportunity to get hands-on experience so you can feel confident incorporating aided speech recognition testing for children and adults.
Aided-Speech Recognition Testing Station Sponsored by