March 11, 2020: In an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our attendees and the patients they serve (who may be part of at-risk populations), the Academy has made the difficult decision to cancel the AAA 2020 + HearTECH Expo (and all related activities and ancillary meetings) due to concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus). This unanimous decision was made by the Academy’s Board of Directors.
Featured sessions are contemporary topics presented by leaders in the field of audiology, hearing science, and related professional areas.
Running from two to three hours, these sessions take place throughout the conference beginning on the afternoon of Wednesday, April 1 through the morning of Saturday, April 4.
Schedule of Featured Sessions
We are proud to announce these invited speakers for this year's exciting program.*
Wednesday, April 1, 2:30–4:30 pm
- Grand Rounds: Pediatrics
Eileen Rall, AuD
- Pharma Audiology: Prescriptions Beyond Hearing Aids
O'Neil Guthrie, PhD
Thursday, April 2, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Coding Updates for 2020
Christine Brown, AuD; Jennifer Frank, AuD; Anna Jilla, AuD, PhD; Alyssa Needleman, PhD; and Brad Stach, PhD
- Over-the-Counter Hearing Aids and PSAPs
Kristi Oeding, AuD; Nick Reed, PhD; Adam Voss, AuD
Thursday, April 2, 2:30–4:30 pm
- Hidden Hearing Loss and Processing Speech-in-Noise: What Audiologists Need to Know and Practice Now
Bharath Chandrasekaran, PhD; and Edward Lobarinas, PhD
Friday, April 3, 7:45–9:45 am
- Hearing Aids in Review: 2019
Catherine Palmer, PhD; Gus Mueller, PhD; and Robert Turner, PhD
- Grand Rounds: Vestibular
Kristen Jankey, AuD
Friday, April 3, 10:15–11:45 am
- Enhancing Auditory Experience in Children with Hearing Aids
Marion Downs Lecture in Pediatric Audiology
Ryan McCreery, PhD
Sponsored by Oticon Foundation.
Friday, April 2, 10:15 am–12:15 pm
- Grand Rounds: Adult Diagnostic
Lori Zitelli, AuD
Friday, April 3, 2:30–4:30 pm
- The Continuum of Care for Treating Hearing Loss: Incorporating Cochlear Implants into Audiology Practice
Moderated by Sarah Sydlowski, AuD, PhD
Sponsored by Cochlear Americas.
- Women in Audiology: Addressing Implicit Bias to Transform Your Work Culture
Laurel Gregory, MA; Kari Morgenstein, AuD; Erin Schafer, PhD; Hillary Snapp, AuD; Amy Badstubner, AuD; and Therese Walden, AuD
Sponsored by Phonak.
Saturday, April 4, 9:30–11:30 am
- Introduction to Ethics; Supporting Families with Shared Decision-Making
Academy Ethical Practices Committee
- From OTC to 3PA: Understanding the Pros and Cons of New Sources of Revenue for the Audiology Practice
Noel Crosby, AuD; Soriya Estes, AuD; Kelli House, MA; Gyl Kasewurm, AuD; and Paul Pessis, AuD
- Grand Rounds: Amplification
Jodi Baxter, PhD
*Topics and presenters are subject to change and exact timing will soon be confirmed.
Featured sessions do not require pre-registration, but you are encouraged to arrive at each session 10-15 minutes early to secure your seat. Once session rooms are full, access will not be permitted.