AudiologyNOW! 2014 - WEDNESDAY HIGHLIGHTS
Don’t miss out on the new schedule at AudiologyNOW! 2014. This year we are bringing more learning opportunities to Wednesday – Day ONE of AudiologyNOW! 2014. Long gone are the days of “pre-convention workshops” and the meeting officially starting on Thursday. Wednesday, March 26 is the start of the AudiologyNOW! 2014 so make you travel plans to arrive bright and early that morning, or better yet, the night before so you can be well-rested for all that Wednesday has to offer.
The day will start with eight options for Learning Labs (additional registration fee).
- Get in-depth knowledge on tinnitus. Christopher Spankovich from the University of Florida will help you understand the pathology of tinnitus, different treatment options and holistic approaches to tinnitus and hearing healthcare.
- If pediatrics is your specialty, consider getting the latest recommendations for amplification verification and validation from Western University’s Susan Scollie and Marlene Bagatto. Susan and Marlene will not only share information, but have “pediatric-friendly” techniques and video demonstrations to help you implement components of the new Academy Pediatric Amplification Guideline.
- If you prefer working with adults, then sign up for Lindsey Jorgensen and Marni Johnson Martin’s lab on “Adult Verification and Validation: ACT Now!” They will review verification of hearing aids and assistive devices as well as validation of intervention and technology.
- Other labs are being offered on vestibular rehabilitation, auditory processing disorders and coding and reimbursement.
All Learning Labs are scheduled to run concurrently from 8:30am to 12:15pm so you can only sign up for one. Make sure you chose wisely and take advantage of this unique opportunity for in-depth learning.
New this year, in addition to the educational sessions usually offered on Wednesday, there are now 12 Featured Sessions starting at 1:00pm and running until 4:30pm. Two of the sessions are three hours in length and attendees can earn Tier 1 continuing education hours. All of the afternoon sessions are covered by your conference registration.
Do you struggle with determining if you patient’s FM systems are functioning properly? Carrie Spangler will get you up to date on the latest verification procedures for FM at a 1:00p.m. Featured Session. Can’t get enough of courtroom dramas? Then consider attending “Audiologist as Expert Witnesses” and not only learn important legal terms and concepts, but hear about the experiences of three audiologists as they share actual cases and multiple ways our profession can contribute to the legal system.
Complete list of Wednesday Featured Session topics:
- FM Validation: Inside and Outside the Box
- 24/7 Hearing for Your Patients; The New Reality with Provocative Challenges
- Grand Rounds: APD
- Audiologists as Expert Witnesses
- Women in Audiology: Insight to Leadership, Advocacy and Inspirational Stories
- Electronic Medical Records
- Debates In Audiology - How Do You Know What To Do When There Is Conflicting Evidence
- The Changing Face of America the Beautiful
- Grand Rounds: Cochlear Implants
- ICD 10
- Outcomes of Children with Hearing Loss
- Building Your Sustainable Humanitarian Program - A Functional Workshop
In addition to the Featured Sessions a full range of Learning Modules, Exhibitor Courses and Research Podiums will be offered on Wednesday – Day One of AudiologyNOW! 2014
Following the educational sessions, make sure you make your way down to the opening of the Audiology Solutions Exhibit Hall at 5:00pm for Celebrate Audiology, an evening of entertainment, drinks, and tasty treats.