General AAA Conference Policies
It is our goal to ensure the safety of and enjoyment for all attendees and exhibitors at the show. We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to the show policies listed below as well as the Code of Conduct.
The Academy is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the course of the convention.
Everyone is required to purchase and wear a badge during the AAA conference to gain entrance to sessions, events, and the exhibit hall at all times. Swapping badges is prohibited and may result in expulsion from AAA without refund.
The American Academy of Audiology reserves the right to verify the identity of any persons accepting, and/or using a show badge.
Cell Phones & Electronic Devices
Please be considerate of your fellow attendees and turn off or silence phones and electronic devices during all educational sessions and special events.
AAA is a professional development and networking event that is not intended to be inclusive of children.
- Young Adults (16 years and older) are required to register (at no cost) prior to entry to the Exhibit Hall and will not be permitted into any educational sessions.
- Children (15 years or younger) are not permitted in any educational sessions or the Exhibit Hall at any time.
- Infants 6 months and younger are permitted in the Exhibit Hall as long as they are hand carried. For safety purposes, strollers are not permitted at any time.
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted to enter the Exhibit Hall during exhibitor setup and tear-down under any circumstance.
The American Academy of Audiology is not responsible for the comments expressed by any course presenter, nor does it accept responsibility for the content or the reprinting of any materials handed out during presentations.
Sessions during the meeting may be recorded, as an attendee if you participate in a session by asking questions during you agree for your question to appear in any audio or video recordings.
All presenters have been asked to disclose their affiliations or financial interests in any organization or commercial product that may relate to their presentation. The Academy has listed all disclosures that have been provided by the presenters, with the presenter's name, following the abstract. This listing can be found in the final program book and/or program addendum.
Attendee: By registering to attend AAA you acknowledge and agree to grant the Academy the right to record, film, photograph or capture your likeness for future promotional purposes. Attendees authorize the Academy to use any photographs taken during the course of AAA in Academy print and online promotional materials or publications.
Exhibit Hall: Only exhibitors are allowed to photograph exhibits one hour prior to show opening. If an exhibitor is using a novelty "activity" or other interactive attraction, attendee photographing is permitted within the confines of that particular exhibit space and by the express written permission of the exhibiting company.
Sessions are held at the Convention Center, unless otherwise noted. All sessions will be presented in English. Translation service is not provided.
Special Needs or Accommodations
If special needs or an accommodation is necessary in order for you to participate during AAA 2019 please follow the steps below.
- Register early for the meeting
- During the registration process check the appropriate box to identify any special needs or accommodations.
- If you have any questions email us
Cancellation requests must be received in writing via e-mail, mail, or fax by March 6, 2019 in order to receive a refund (less a $75 processing fee). Refunds will not be issued after March 6, 2019.
All requests must include:
- Full name
- Verify that funds can be transferred back to the credit card on file (not applicable to cancellations received after March 6, 2019.
- Request hotel cancellation (Any requests after March 14, must be cancelled by you, directly with the hotel).
All refunds will be processed within 60 days of the end of the AAA 2019 conference, once original payment has been verified. Refunds will only be issued by the method in which payment was received. E-mail, mail, or fax your cancellation request to:
E-mail: American Academy of Audiology
Mail: American Academy of Audiology
Attn: AAA 2019 Registration Cancellation
11480 Commerce Park Drive
Reston, VA 20191