Peer-to- Peer Mentoring
Peer-to-Peer Mentoring CEU Program
The Academy's new Peer-to-Peer Mentoring CEU Program is a self-directed opportunity that allows members to earn Academy CEUs through a peer mentorship experience. Those who choose to participate in this program are responsible for seeking out a peer mentor. If you need help finding a peer mentor, please contact Katy Sidwell.
Beginning May 1, applications will be accepted via the CEU submission system. You will be prompted to create a user account. Once you have created an account, click "Click here to submit a new 2018 program application." When the program type dropdown menu appears, you will select "Peer-to-Peer Mentorship Program." There is a one-time application fee. If accepted, there is no additional cost for the CEU experience.
$150 Application Fee
- $75 Introductory Application Fee* per mentorship experience application.
(*Introductory fee valid thru April 30, 2019.)
It is recommended that an application be submitted 45 days prior to the peer-to-peer mentor experience. Applications submitted less than 30 days prior to the experience may not receive
approval in time if the application is missing information. Applications will not be accepted less than two weeks prior to the experience. Before submitting the application, you and your peer mentor(s) should agree on a date, location, and time. Your mentor is required to sign the Learning Outcomes Template document before you upload it to the submission system.
- The peer-to-peer experience must be in-person (not virtual) and must be focused on audiology professional development. The environment must be conducive to learning and facilitate the learning objectives outlined in the application.
- A Learning Outcomes Template must be submitted as part of the application. Click here to access the template. Click here for learning outcome guidelines.
- One hour of peer mentorship equates to 0.1 CEUs.
- A maximum of 0.6 CEUs can be earned from this program per year.
- Peer mentors are typically not eligible to earn CEUs from the mentorship experience and may do so only with prior approval from the Continuing Education Committee.
- The Academy does not take any responsibility for ensuring that personally identifiable information (PII) remains protected or that HIPAA procedures are followed during the peer-to-peer experience. This responsibility falls solely on the CEU applicant and, explicitly, the host peer mentor.
Registry of Peer Mentors
The Academy is in the process of creating a registry of peer mentors who will entertain interest from the community as a potential peer-to-peer opportunity. If you are interested in serving as a host peer mentor, please email Katy Sidwell. Adding your name to the registry does not in any way commit you to participating in any future peer-to-peer activity; however, it does mean you are willing to be contacted by colleagues interested in a potential peer-to-peer CEU experience at your facility.