Pediatric Audiology Links to Services (EHDI-PALS)
Early Hearing Detection & Intervention—Pediatric Audiology Links to Services (EHDI-PALS), is a Web-based link to information, resources, and services for children with hearing loss. At the heart of EHDI-PALS is a national web-based directory of facilities that offer pediatric audiology services to young children who are younger than five years of age. Since November 2012 the EHDI-PALS Web site been viewed 75,000 times. Facility searches conducted by consumers reached 4,000 times. Help us spread the word. Encourage other audiologists to fill out the EHDI-PALS facility survey and populate this resource for parents, EHDI programs and other medical providers. The EHDI-PALS survey is available here.
Already Listed? Keep Your Information Current
- When you filled out our on-line EHDI-PALS survey, you were asked to create a log on and password that uniquely identifies your facility profile. This enables you to update information about your facility should your services change.
- We will send you an annual reminder to review your facility’s profile so you can be sure your information is always up to date for parents, state EHDI programs and medical providers.
- We will begin sending this annual reminder in September. Watch for this reminder.
- If you leave your place of work, ask a colleague to become the custodian of the facility profile in EHDI-PALS by logging onto your facility profile and change the contact information.
How State-Level EHDI Program Personnel Have Used EHDI-PALS
- Help link families to audiology services.
- Help identify facilities and provide education about reporting requirements.
From Texas Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (TEHDI) Program: Zade’s story
Zade was born July 14, 2011, in Round Rock, Texas, and did not pass his initial birth hearing screening for either ear before his hospital discharge…. Read more about Zade’s journey through the TEHDI process.
Want to know more about the history of the EHDI-PALS project?
EHDI-PALS Committee Members
Members of EHDI-PALS Advisory Group includes representatives from several professional organizations.