In 2021, the theme of this recognition day is, “Hearing care for ALL! Screen. Rehabilitate. Communicate.”
World Hearing Day 2021: March 3
On World Hearing Day 2021, the World Health Organization (WHO) will present a global call for action to address hearing loss and ear diseases across the life course.
The Academy has created some visual resources and press release information that you can use to help show your support for this day and to raise awareness of hearing health care.
Press Release Templates
Social Media Posts and Web Graphics
Share these social media images leading up to World Hearing Day! Use hashtag #WorldHearingDay.
Sample Social Media Posts
- Celebrated every year on March 3, World Hearing Day (WHD) raised awareness on how to prevent deafness and hearing loss and to promote ear and hearing care across the world. Join me in celebrating WHD! #hearingcare
- Hearing care for ALL! This is the theme of World Hearing Day 2021, and as an audiologist I support this mission. Providing for my patients and helping those with hearing loss lead better lives is my passion, thank you WHO for making #worldhearingday possible!
- Screen. Rehabilitate. Communicate. All part of the WHO’s mission for World Hearing Day 2021. We as audiologists have the power and the duty to spread the message about the importance of preventative care and timely action to prevent hearing loss.
- If you know someone who is at risk for a hearing loss, please encourage them to have their hearing checked more regularly. There’s no better day to serve this reminder than March 3, World Hearing Day! #hearingcare
- Good hearing and communication are important for a connection, and being connected have never been more important. Keep your loved ones close, protect your ears. #worldhearingday
Social Media Hear-a-thon
To showcase, or spotlight, the activities and events being delivered around the world that are launching and promoting the World Report on Hearing (WRH), all related promotional activity will be deemed part of the WRH Hear-a-thon. The idea is that the combination of local activities and events around the world will result in a continual stream of promotional activity for the report over the 24-hour period of the World Hearing Day 2021. If you are posting during this time, please use the below hashtags.
You can also join the WHO Hearing Care Facebook Group. This group (hosted by the WHO) not only facilitates World Hearing Day activities, but also provides a platform for ear and hearing care promotion worldwide.