CMS Announces Submission Timeframes for 2015 Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) Data
On January 19, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced the 2015 PQRS data submission timeframes:
- EHR Direct or Data Submission Vendor (QRDA I or III) - 1/1/16 - 2/29/16
- Qualified Clinical Data Registries (QCDRs) (QRDA III) - 1/1/16 - 2/29/16
- Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO) Web Interface - 1/18/16 - 3/11/16
- Qualified Registries (Registry XML) - 1/1/16 - 3/31/16
- QCDRs (QCDR XML) - 1/1/16 - 3/31/16
Submission ends at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the end date listed. An Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) account with the “Submitter Role” is required for these PQRS data submission methods. Please see the EIDM System Toolkit for additional information.
Note- if providers have already submitted claims and reported PQRS measures for 2015, no further action is required.
Please know that maintenance is currently scheduled for the following timeframes:
- 1/22/2016 at 8:00 p.m. ET – 1/25/2016 at 6:00 a.m. ET
- 2/26/2016 at 8:00 p.m. ET – 2/29/2016 at 6:00 a.m. ET
- 3/11/2016 at 8:00 p.m. ET – 3/14/2016 at 6:00 a.m. ET
- 3/16/2016 at 8:00 p.m. ET – 3/21/2016 at 6:00 a.m. ET
The Physician and Other Health Care Professionals Quality Reporting Portal (Portal) may be unavailable during these times.
Eligible professionals who do not satisfactorily report quality measure data to meet the 2015 PQRS requirements will be subject to a negative PQRS payment adjustment on all Medicare Part B Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) services rendered in 2017. For questions, please contact the QualityNet Help Desk at 1-866-288-8912 or via email at Qnetsupport@hcqis.org from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Central Time. Complete information about PQRS is available here.