Increase Awareness of Audiology and Hearing Health
May is Better Hearing Month! Here are some great ways to increase awareness of audiology and hearing in your community.
- Partner with your local Student Academy of Audiology (SAA) chapter to plan a community event.
- Present information on how to prevent noise-induced hearing loss at a local middle school or high school.
- Host an information session for adults explaining the basic differences in hearing aid technology.
- Review hearing screening techniques with nurses.
- Start a support group for people with hearing loss and their family members.
- Host a lunch and learn for non-audiologists in your work place to learn more about audiology.
- Invite the audiologists in your community to get together to discuss hot topics.
- Host an audiology resource fair for your patients.
- Provide hearing screens at a local retirement facility.