Resources and Tools
March 16, 2020: COVID-19 and Our Audiology Practices
The best recommendation for all practices is to follow the CDC recommendations. You will want to access the CDC website on an ongoing manner to have the latest information. This is a changing situation and you will want to be up-to-date to protect your patients, your staff, yourself, and your families.
You also will want to monitor state and local recommendations that may impact your practice.
- American Academy of Audiology: COVID-19 and Our Audiology Practices
- CDC: What Is Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- CDC: Workplace, Schools, and Home Guidance
- Johns Hopkins: Coronavirus at a Glance Infographic
- American Academy of Audiology: Infection Control in Audiological Practices
- CDC: Infection Control for Healthcare Professionals
- AFSP: Mental Health Recommendations
Welcome to the BEST resources and tools area of the Academy's Web site. Under the leadership of the Business Enhancement Strategies and Techniques or BEST Committee, we've pulled together the very BEST tools and ideas to benefit every audiologist in every practice setting. You are welcome to adapt these materials for your use.
The clinical literature on tele-audiology indicates a significant opportunity for telehealth applications in the practice of audiology. This kit is designed to provide tools and resources to help you address this evolving service delivery model while maintaining a productive and vital practice where the audiologist remains central in the provision of hearing health-care diagnosis and treatment practices. The kit will evolve and be updated as new information and research become available.
- Editable Superbill Template (MS Word)
- Tip of the Month
- Academy Direct-to-Consumer Information Toolkit
- May Is Better Hearing Month
- The BEST Guide to Marketing for Audiologists
- October Is National Audiology Awareness Month
- Hearing Health Quick Test Tear-offs
- State Licensure Information on Audiology Assistants
- Contract Negotiations
- Hearing Aid Verification Form
Practice Management (Know-How) Articles
- Improving the Patient Experience (Audiology Today, November/December 2018 - PDF)
- The Audiologist: A Partner Within the Health-Care Team (Audiology Today, September/October 2018 - PDF)
- Improving Outcomes with Patient-Centered Care (Audiology Today, July/August 2018 - PDF)
- Top Five Lessons Learned in My First Year as a New Professional (Audiology Today, May/June 2018 - PDF)
- It Takes a Village: Lessons in Group Aural (Audiology Today, March/April 2018 - PDF)
- Practice Differentiation Through Tinnitus Management (Audiology Today, May/June 2017 - PDF)
- Incorporating Interprofessional Practice and Education into Your Practice (Audiology Today, March/April 2017 - PDF)
- To Fit or Not to Fit Adults with Mild Hearing Loss? (Audiology Today, January/February 2017 - PDF)
- Improving Patient Communication in Your Practice (Audiology Today, November/December 2016 - PDF)
- Behind the Scene Support for Your Practice (Audiology Today, September/October 2016 - PDF)
- Eye Can't Hear You (Audiology Today, July/August 2016 - PDF)
- Technology’s Reach Across Generations (Audiology Today, May/June 2016 - PDF)
- Incorporating Interprofessional Practice and Education into Your Practice (Audiology Today, March/April 2016 - PDF)
- Is the Grass Greeener in Your Office (Audiology Today, January/February 2016 - PDF)
- Assesment Based On Patient-Reported Problems (Audiology Today, November/December 2015 - PDF)
- Ways to Incorporate Hearing Conservation and Prevention in Your Audiology Practice (Audiology Today, September/October 2015 - PDF)
- Good Vibrations and Excitations: Considering Social Responsibility in Your Practice (Audiology Today, July/August 2015 - PDF)
- Outsourcing Is Not Just for Big Business (Audiology Today, May/June 2015 - PDF)
- The Business of Tinnitus (Audiology Today, March/April 2015 - PDF)
- Music Appreciation Education as Defense Against Hazardous Loudness Levels (Audiology Today, January/February 2015 - PDF)
Practice Development Tools
- Private Practice Starter List (PDF)
- Private Practice Checklist (PDF)
- Satisfaction Survey Template (PDF)
- Satisfaction Survey Template (MS Word)
More resources like these are available on the BEST Private Practice Start-Up Kit.
Customizable for Your Practice
- The Audiology Practice Essentials (APE) CD (65 forms and letters that you can easily customize for your practice).
- Marketing Scene Articles from Audiology Today
- American Academy of Audiology Fellow Logo
- Photo Library
- Newsletter Tips & Ideas
- Antitrust Overview
- Tools You Can Use
Brochures for Your Practice
The Academy offers a wide variety of brochures that you can order for use in your practice. Click here to find out more about these informative pieces.