COVID-19 Weekly Updates
COVID-19 Updates—Week of April 3, 2020
Audiologists are beginning to employ creative solutions to assist their patients while mitigating the risk of further transmission of the virus.
Some former face-to-face visits are now being handled via telephone, video, and/or remote connection to hearing aid devices. Many audiologists are wondering if these remote services can be billed and reimbursed. This guide will help you understand options that are available to audiologists at the present time.
Small businesses and sole proprietorships can apply starting on April, 3, 2020. The application form can be found here.
For more details about the program, access the accompanying fact sheet from the Treasury Department.
- Academy Urges CMS to Lift the Medicare Physician Order Requirement and Allow Audiologists to Provide Services via Telehealth
- HHS Secretary Azar Calls on Governors to Allow Health Professionals to Practice Across State Lines
Statements from Academy Leadership
- Academy President’s Message: Committed to Helping You Get Through This Time
By Catherine Palmer, PhD, Academy President
- SAA President's Message: SAA Supports You in This Time of Uncertainty
By J. James Riley DeBacker, SAA President
- Joint Statement: Academy Supports Audiology Students
CEU-Eligible Online Education
The Academy is committed to ensuring audiologists have access to virtual CEU-eligible educational resources during this challenging time.
On-demand seminars and live webinars are now available on eAudiology.org, and live webinars are scheduled throughout April. New webinars will be added each month.
Brought to you by the AAA Foundation’s Educational Fund. Thank you to those who donated their AAA 2020 + HearTECH Expo Conference refunds toward this educational fund.