A respected university educator, scientist, publisher, and philanthropist, the audiology profession lost a great friend in 2010 with the passing of Dr. Sadanand Singh. Donations from Dr. Singh’s friends, family, and colleagues have enabled the establishment of a scholarship celebrating his dedication to research and the next generation of hearing scientists.
The American Academy of Audiology Foundation’s Sadanand Singh Memorial Scholarship of $500 will be awarded to one minority and/or international student who shows exceptional promise in audiology research as evidenced by his/her resume, letter of recommendation, and personal statement. The Sadanand Singh Memorial Scholarship will be awarded only to a fulltime graduate student in audiology (AuD, PhD, AuD/PhD) in good standing at a U.S. university during the 2021–2022 academic year. Each department may nominate one student for this scholarship.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Completed application (Attached).
- Resume/CV: Include research accomplishments as well as academic and service experience. Please include your grade point average, as well as the university’s grading scale (i.e., 3.5 with maximum possible of 4 or 3.9 with maximum possible of 5).
- Letter of recommendation from departmental faculty. Must address:
- how long the writer has known the applicant and the nature of the relationship with the applicant The qualities, particularly with respect to research, that provide the basis for this candidate being nominated by the department
- the qualities, particularly with respect to research, that provide the basis for this candidate being nominated by the department
- how the applicant’s interest and progress in audiology/hearing science compare to other students whom the writer has known at the same stage of the program
- the applicant’s academic performance
- Personal statement (750 words maximum). Must address:
- the qualities you have, or are seeking to develop, that you believe are important for successful researchers in hearing science.
- the research topics/areas that are of special interest to you and why.
- any research that you will be conducting during the 2021-2022 academic year (attach abstract if available).