A respected university educator, scientist, publisher, and philanthropist, the audiology profession lost a great friend in 2010 with the passing of Dr. Sadanand Singh. Donations from Dr. Singh’s friends, family, and colleagues have enabled the establishment of a scholarship celebrating his dedication to research and the next generation of hearing scientists.
The American Academy of Audiology Foundation’s Sadanand Singh Memorial Scholarship of $500 will be awarded to one minority and/or international student who shows exceptional promise in audiology research as evidenced by his/her resume, letter of recommendation, and personal statement. The Sadanand Singh Memorial Scholarship will be awarded only to a fulltime graduate student in audiology (AuD, PhD, AuD/PhD) in good standing at a U.S. university during the 2023–2024 academic year.
How to Apply
The AAA Foundation is offering a universal scholarship for each of its scholarship program opportunities. Click the Apply button below to access the application. When using the universal application, please be aware of the following:
- Read the directions of the application carefully and completely. Any questions about the application can be directed to AAA Foundation staff.
- Each scholarship program opportunity has an individual section to complete in addition to submission of corresponding supporting documentation. Supporting documentation consists of:
- A CV/Resume – what should be included is listed on the supporting documentation page of the application by scholarship.
- Recommendation Rubric
- Applicants must acknowledge and agree to the individual scholarship program eligibility requirements they are applying to as well as the general AAA Foundation scholarship program policies in order to submit an application.
- Take note of the application due dates. The application and supporting materials for all the scholarships an applicant is applying for must be received by the deadline for the scholarship that is due the soonest.
- Applicants can return to their applications from the same device at a later time if left incomplete, however; incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applications must be completed by the scholarship application deadline.
The 2024 application will be available in January.