On the occasion of her retirement from Auburn University in 2014, students, colleagues, friends, and family joined together with the AAA Foundation to honor Judith Blumsack, PhD, with a named scholarship. In addition to her long career as an audiology professor, mentor, and clinician, Dr. Blumsack is a former member of the Foundation Board of Trustees, making her scholarship an especially fitting tribute to an individual that has inspired and touched many over her 30-plus-year career.
The American Academy of Audiology Foundation’s Judith Blumsack Scholarship of $500 will be awarded to one student who demonstrates outstanding clinical skills and who shows promise in terms of clinical research and service to the professional community and/or the community at large. The Scholarship will be awarded only to a fulltime graduate student in audiology (AuD, PhD, AuD/PhD) in good standing at a U.S. university during the 2023–2024 academic year. Students must be in at least the second year of their program when the scholarship is awarded and cannot graduate in Spring/Summer 2023.
How to Apply
The AAA Foundation is offering a universal scholarship for each of its scholarship program opportunities. Click the Apply button below to access the application. When using the universal application, please be aware of the following:
- Read the directions of the application carefully and completely. Any questions about the application can be directed to AAA Foundation staff.
- Each scholarship program opportunity has an individual section to complete in addition to submission of corresponding supporting documentation. Supporting documentation consists of:
- A CV/Resume – what should be included is listed on the supporting documentation page of the application by scholarship.
- Recommendation Rubric
- Applicants must acknowledge and agree to the individual scholarship program eligibility requirements they are applying to as well as the general AAA Foundation scholarship program policies in order to submit an application.
- Take note of the application due dates. The application and supporting materials for all the scholarships an applicant is applying for must be received by the deadline for the scholarship that is due the soonest.
- Applicants can return to their applications from the same device at a later time if left incomplete, however; incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applications must be completed by the scholarship application deadline.
The 2024 application will be available in January.