The PASC program is a two-part process in which you must complete an application to demonstrate your eligibility and achieve a passing score on an exam required to attain the credential.
The ABA processes applications in the order in which they are received. If all required documentation is received in a timely manner, the application review process currently takes less than one week. You will be contacted when your application has been received and reviewed in the event additional information is required.
- PASC Candidate Handbook
- PASC Application (If you are a current or past Academy member, log in using your existing member ID and password. If you are not now and have never been an Academy member, use the Create Free Account option to create a new user record and then select your chosen application form under the Certifications heading on your dashboard.)
The PASC Exam continues to be administered in paper and pencil format and ABA will work to find a suitable testing location as close as possible to each candidate who completes the online exam registration. The specific testing date within the testing window for each candidate will depend on the availability of volunteer exam hosts and proctors.
Am I Eligible for Certification?
Eligibility Checklist for Pediatric Audiology Specialty Certification
- You must have a current, valid license to practice audiology
- You must have a master’s or doctoral degree in audiology granted from a regionally accredited institution
- You must have two (2) years post-degree, full-time (2,000 hours) paid professional experience as an audiologist
- You must have completed a total of 550 pediatric patient post-graduate contact hours and 50 post-graduate hours of case management of pediatric cases over two (2) consecutive years during the past five (5) years
- You must submit two (2) professional references attesting to your work in the area of pediatric audiology (Form 2)
Completed Online Application includes:
- Form 1: Documentation of Patient and Case Management hours
- Form 2: Two professional references
- Form 3: Non-disclosure agreement (regarding test materials)
- Form 4: Demographic Information
- Form 5: Request for Special Test Accommodations with required documentation (if required)
- Copy of current state license or evidence of license eligibility – PDF uploaded online
- Official AuD transcript sent directly from your institution, either by mail or electronic access
- Application fee – paid online - $100 for Academy members; $140 for non-members; reduced fee for 2nd certification
After completing an online application form and paying the application fee, you will be directed to download PDF copies of Forms 1 to 5 for completion. After completing your forms, and having your two references sign a Form 2, you will upload the completed forms as PDFs in the same online section where you downloaded the blank forms. Only after you have uploaded all required forms, including the copy of your license, and ABA has received your official transcript, is your application complete and ready for review and approval.
Note: If your doctoral degree is not specifically titled “audiology,” contact the ABA for the Documentation of Coursework & Practicum Form.