As a member of the Academy, we are here to help you through your professional journey with a variety of member benefits, including relevant and timely information and education and tools to help you maintain patient census and revenue such as our Find an Audiologist Directory.
The information you provide through your profile will flow into our patient-centered Find an Audiologist Directory, helping build consumer awareness, patient census, and revenue. Moreover, our Academy team will also know your communication preferences and what content you want to see, giving you a better user experience.
Update your member dashboard in four steps.
- Log into your member dashboard.
- Under My Account (left column) click Update My Profile.
Update or verify:
- Basic information such as your name and email address
- Additional information such as your specialties
- Primary contact information including your work address, phone number, and website URL
- Your directory and communication preferences
- Return to Member Dashboard, under My Account, click Update My Directory Profile Description.
Add a bio that gives those who find your profile a quick overview of you, your background, and any additional information you want them to know.
- To upload a photo, click the profile icon next to your name. Choose from files and click Upload.
Updating your profile image will put a face to your name, making the user feel more comfortable and ready to schedule an appointment.
How will the information in my member dashboard be used?
When a member updates their profile, only consumer-friendly information flows through to the Find an Audiologist Profile.
- First and last name
- Job title
- Preferred work phone number
- Preferred work address
- Profile description and picture
- Current certifications
- Current certifications with the American Board of Audiology (ABA)
- Website URL
Demographic information such as gender, ethnicity, birthday, employment status, and salary will not be shared through the Find an Audiologist Profile. This information is strictly for the American Academy of Audiology so that our team may send relevant and timely educational information, Academy news, and content to our members.
“Being in private practice, it is essential to be able to effectively and regularly communicate with the public about services I am offering. Updating the new and robust member dashboard has allowed me to increase my visibility through the new easy-to-use Find an Audiologist Directory as I have been able to update my specialty areas and provide more information about myself and my practice. Further, I am also receiving communications from the Academy that are most relevant to me such as industry and advocacy news, as well as coding and reimbursement information.”