Have additional coding, reimbursement or compliance questions? E-mail the Academy’s reimbursement mailbox. By submitting questions to the centralized mailbox, the Academy’s Coding and Reimbursement Committee (CRC) is able to review and discuss all inquiries posed to the Academy. This allows the CRC to research responses, identify trends in coding and reimbursement, develop coding and reimbursement resources, and engage in advocacy with payers regarding concerning policies.
The Academy offers a wealth of resources to ensure audiologists and audiology practices maintain compliance with applicable federal regulations and are aware of new regulatory requirements as that information becomes available.
The Federal Regulations Affecting the Practice of Audiology: A Summary Guide includes detailed information about the following regulations:
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Anti Kickback Statute, Safe Harbor, Stark laws
- Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) / Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- False Claims Act (FCA)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Hearing Aid Dispensing Guidelines
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Red Flag & Address Discrepancy Rules (RFR)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Medical Records
- Office of Inspector General (OIG)
Additional Compliance Information
The Academy's Practice Compliance Committee created a "Did You Know" question for each of the Academy's monthly Audiology Today electronic newsletters, with each question highlighting and explaining a different federal regulation impacting the practice of audiology. The questions are categorized by the specific federal regulation.