Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in health-care settings is essential as awareness around hearing and balance health continues and increases. The Academy has a full list of reading materials and educational sessions on topics regarding diversity in health-care settings. Dive into the materials below.
- Being Mindful of Cultural and Linguistic Diversity in Everyday Practice
- Broaching Difficult Conversations: Recommendations for Audiologists
- Recognizing the Diverse Cultures of Patients and Their Families in the Clinic
- Serving a Culturally Diverse Pediatric Population
- Improving Patient Care for LGBTQ+ People
- Cultural Humility: A Framework for Action in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Join the Discussion: Moving from Microaggressions to Cultural Humility
How Can the Academy Support You?
The Academy is here to support you and we are listening.
- Have thoughts on diversity, equity, and inclusion in health-care settings? Send us an email.
- Have other resources you want to suggest to the Academy? Send us an email with the resource or suggestion.
- Want to connect with colleagues to further the discussion? Connect with colleagues via the Audiology Community.