Press Coverage for Audiology
Since embarking on a strategic, comprehensive, and consistent public relations campaign in May 2017, the Academy has seen several inroads in media coverage to include audiology and Academy coverage, as well as that of our members. We are excited and proud to showcase these endeavors to you, our members on a regulary basis.
May 2017 Summary
- Launched “May is Better Hearing Month” release.
- The Academy was mentioned in Newsday in April. This site has more than 3 million unique visitors per month and is syndicated into other media outlets around the country.
- The Charlotte Observer has close to 5 million unique visitors per month. The American Academy of Audiology is mentioned in this story.
- This story that mentions the Academy, originally ran in the Miami Herald and has been syndicated around the country, including to 500,000 unique monthly visitors to the Frederick News/Post.
- The AARP’s online newsletter has more than 22 million unique visitors per month. In an April story on tinnitus prevention, the Academy was listed as a source for finding a hearing specialist.The mention alone is worth more than $14K.
- A Special Section “How To Guide” ran in the Farmville Gazette, Kenbridge-Victoria Dispatch, Gazette and other community papers throughout the state of Virginia with an article on “How to Choose the Best Hearing Health Care Provider.”
- Retired member Linda Remensnyder was featured in the Daily North Shore as well as myinforms.com, which has more than 1.1 million unique visitors per month.
- Several magazines across the country wrote about “May is Better Hearing Month” and referenced the Academy.
- An article on “May is Better Hearing Month,” featured member Kathy Mellott, AuD on page 3 of the Beltsville News in Maryland.
- Member Susan Terry, AuD, was quoted in this “May Is Better Hearing Month” story in the Tampa Bay News.
- Hart Hearing Centers helped with an article on “May Is Better Hearing Month” that was picked up by multiple media outlets throughout their region.
- A Wall Street Journal story on “Over-the-Counter Hearing Aids" online and in print includes quotes from Academy President Ian Windmill, PhD. The story was read by millions in print versions that ran across the U.S., Europe and Asia.
- Drs. Bakewell, Alex and Lynne of Connecticut were quoted in regards to over-the-counter in the NewTown Bee.