Gain Visibility and Media Coverage
The American Academy of Audiology has launched a national initiative to raise awareness of the field of audiology and the work of its members. This initiative includes providing tools for members to also gain visibility within their communities. While the national office will work on obtaining national media coverage to support the Academy’s member’s efforts, your challenge is to localize the opportunity utilizing the tips and materials included herein.
- NEW! Create a State, City, or Local Proclamation
- Press Coverage for Audiology: Catch up with monthly updates when audiology, the Academy, and members are in the news.
- Member's-Only Public Relations Tool Kit: The kit suggests some tips and activities to increase potential coverage, and to offer guidelines and strategies for working with the media to promote these activities.
- Public Relations Hotline
- Media Spokesperson Bureau: Volunteer to showcase your subject-matter expertise with the media.
- Fact Sheets
- Press Releases
- Press Release Templates
- NEW! Template: July 4th and Hearing Conservation (June 2018)
- May Is Better Hearing Month (April 2018)
- Noisy Holiday Toys (November 2017)
- October Is National Audiology Awareness Month (September 2017)
- July 4th and Hearing Conservation (June 2017)
- Back to School: Have Your Child Screened by an Audiologist if You Suspect Hearing Loss (August 2017)
Promote Audiology with Consumer Resources
Visit the following links/Web pages for consumer-friendly resources and information you can use with your patients and potential patients.
- NEW! Guide to Adult Hearing Health Care
- Create a State, City, or Local Proclamation
- National Audiology Awareness Month
- May Is Better Hearing Month
- Hows Your Hearing Consumer Web Site
- Get in the Hearing Loop
- It's a Noisy Planet. Protect Their Hearing®
- CDC National Center for Environmental Health--DOD Hearing Center of Excellence Posters: Protect Your Hearing …It’s a Noisy World
World Hearing Day is an annual advocacy event that aims to raise awareness and promote ear and hearing care across the world.
The theme for World Hearing Day 2018 is "Hear for the Future…and Prepare for It."