Gain Visibility and Media Coverage
The American Academy of Audiology has launched a national initiative to raise awareness of the field of audiology and the work of its members. This initiative includes providing tools for members to also gain visibility within their communities. While the national office will work on obtaining national media coverage to support the Academy’s member’s efforts, your challenge is to localize the opportunity utilizing the tips and materials included herein.
- Press Coverage for Audiology: Catch up with monthly updates when audiology, the Academy, and members are in the news.
- Member's-Only Public Relations Tool Kit: The kit suggests some tips and activities to increase potential coverage, and to offer guidelines and strategies for working with the media to promote these activities.
- Public Relations Hotline
- Public Relations Media Training Learning Lab ($) Available at AAA 2018 in Nashville
- Speakers' Bureau Volunteer Form
- Fact Sheets
- Press Releases
- Press Release Templates
Promote Audiology with Consumer Resources
Visit the following links/Web pages for consumer-friendly resources and information you can use with your patients and potential patients.
- National Audiology Awareness Month
- May Is Better Hearing Month
- Hows Your Hearing Consumer Web Site
- Get in the Hearing Loop
- It's a Noisy Planet. Protect Their Hearing®
- CDC National Center for Environmental Health--DOD Hearing Center of Excellence Posters: Protect Your Hearing …It’s a Noisy World
World Hearing Day is an annual advocacy event that aims to raise awareness and promote ear and hearing care across the world.
The theme for World Hearing Day 2018 is "Hear for the Future…and Prepare for It."