JAAA Latest Fast Track Articles—July 5, 2019
As the JAAA editors along with our editorial team, we are proud to announce new Fast Track content for JAAA, as of July 5, 2019. We are working diligently to publish ahead of print. We strive for a two-month turnaround on articles from acceptance to digital publication. Plan to see more of these announcements about content updates each month.
- Hearing Difficulties as a Result of Traumatic Brain Injury
Authors: Roup, Christina M; Ross, Courtney; Whitelaw, Gail
- A Systematic Review of Interventions to Reduce the Effects of Cognitive Biases in the Decision-Making of Audiologists
Authors: Galvin, Karyn L; Featherston, Rebecca J; Downie, Laura E; Vogel, Adam P; Hamilton, Bridget; Granger, Catherine; Shlonsky, Aron
- Across- and Within-Channel Gap Detection Thresholds Yielded by Two Different Test Applications
Authors: Alhaidary, Abdulsalam; Tanniru, Kishore
- Relationship Between Auditory and Visual Noise Acceptance in Normal-Hearing Listeners
Authors: Faulkner, Kathleen F; Plyler, Patrick N; Easterday, Mary K; Slade, Teresa M
- Parental Separation and Parental Mental Health in Childhood and Risk of Insomnia in Adulthood Among Patients with Tinnitus
Authors: Aazh, Hashir ; Puri, Basant K. ; Moore, Brian C. J.
- Intraoperative Electrically Evoked Compound Action Potential (ECAP) Measurements in Traditional and Hearing Preservation Cochlear Implantation
Authors: Nassiri, Ashley M; Yawn, Robert J; Gifford, Ren´e H; Haynes, David S; Roberts, Jillian B; Gilbane, Max S; Murfee, Jack; Bennett, Marc L
- Skill Transference of a Probe-Tube Placement Training Simulator
Authors: Koch, Robert W.; Saleh, Hasan; Folkeard, Paula; Moodie, Sheila; Janeteas, Conner ; Agrawal, Sumit K. ; Ladak, Hanif M. ; Scollie, Susan
Appeared or available online: July 2, 2019
- The Effect of Stimulus Audibility on the Relationship between Pure-Tone Average and Speech Recognition in Noise Ability
Authors: Vermiglio, Andrew J; Soli, Sigfrid D; Freed, Daniel J; Fang, Xiangming
- Interactions between Digital Noise Reduction and Reverberation: Acoustic and Behavioral Effects
Authors: Reinhart, Paul; Zahorik, Pavel; Souza, Pamela
- Effects of Auditory Training on Electrophysiological Measures in Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Authors: Gopal, Kamakshi V; Schafer, Erin C; Mathews, Lauren; Nandy, Rajesh; Beaudoin, Derek; Schadt, Laura; Brown, Ashley; Phillips, Bryce; Caldwell, Joshua
- Symptoms, Audiometric and Vestibular Laboratory Findings, and Imaging in a Concurrent Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome and Vestibular Schwannoma: A Case Report
Authors: Garrison, Doug; Barth, Laura; Kaylie, David; Riska, Kristal
- GIN Test: A Meta-Analysis on Its Neurodiagnostic Value
Authors: Filippini, Renata; Wong, Bryan; Schochat, Eliane; Musiek, Frank
Log in through the here on the Academy site and click on "Fast Track" tab to see these latest article additions.
Gary Jacobson, PhD, is the editor-in-chief of the Journal of the American Academy of Audiology. Devin McCaslin, PhD, is the deputy editor-in-chief of the Journal of the American Academy of Audiology.