*Information updated on April 23, 2021
With May as Better Hearing Month, this is an important time to continue to highlight our essential role in communication and hearing health care.
With this in mind, we have developed information pieces and resources you can use with your patients and/or share with your communities, colleagues, and other health-care providers as you see fit.
- Hearing Assistance Apps…Until You Can Get to an Audiologist
- Communicating While Wearing a Face Mask
- Universal Masking Flyer
Here is a helpful list of captioning options you may want to consider.
ZOOM & Microsoft Teams: Live captions can be enabled for video meetings.
Microsoft Office (Powerpoint 365 and Word): Transcribe your words as you present and display them on-screen as captions in the same language or a different language
Google Voice (Google Doc and Google Slides): Use real-type captioning for documents or presentations.
Smartphone Apps: Use Android: Live Transcribe app (Google Play Store; free) or iOS: Notes app (iOS store; free; use mic, don’t type).
- Best Practices for Safety Conducting Hearing Testing During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19: Moving Toward Full Audiology Services
- COVID-19 in Cerumen—A Potential Source of Viral Spread of Patients Infected With SARS-CoV-2
- Labeling COVID-19’s Long-Term Effects—What’s the Diagnosis?
- CDC: ASL Video Series—COVID-19
- HLAA: How Do I Communicate with Doctors, Nurses, and Staff at the Hospital During COVID-19?
- HLAA: Communications & Medical Access in the Hospital During Disasters: Temporary Recommendations for Hospitals and Medical Facilities During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Guide For Deaf/Hard of Hearing To Communicate With Hospital Staff During Coronavirus Crisis
If you’re an employer looking to hire within the audiology profession, HEARCareers is the job board for you. Why HEARCareers? On average, a job posting on HEARCareers earns 600 views per posting, and offers more than 23,000 searchable resumes available to review. Resources HEARCareers offers general advice for employers hiring audiologists, along with employer resources…
Academy Public Comment for Clinical Consensus Assessment of Vestibular Function in the Pediatric Population
The public comment period is an integral part of clinical and strategic document development. It promotes transparency and enables the American Academy of Audiology to engage interested stakeholders to critically review and offer feedback prior to a document’s finalization and publication, provide a higher-quality product to the membership, and facilitate implementation and dissemination efforts. The…
In the Academy’s last survey of members, we heard from a fair number that they did not feel a strong connection to the Academy. This video is just one avenue to strengthening that connection with you, the Academy member. I am Patrick Gallagher, the executive director of the American Academy of Audiology, and as I…