*Information updated on April 23, 2021
With May as Better Hearing Month, this is an important time to continue to highlight our essential role in communication and hearing health care.
With this in mind, we have developed information pieces and resources you can use with your patients and/or share with your communities, colleagues, and other health-care providers as you see fit.
- Hearing Assistance Apps…Until You Can Get to an Audiologist
- Communicating While Wearing a Face Mask
- Universal Masking Flyer
Here is a helpful list of captioning options you may want to consider.
ZOOM & Microsoft Teams: Live captions can be enabled for video meetings.
Microsoft Office (Powerpoint 365 and Word): Transcribe your words as you present and display them on-screen as captions in the same language or a different language
Google Voice (Google Doc and Google Slides): Use real-type captioning for documents or presentations.
Smartphone Apps: Use Android: Live Transcribe app (Google Play Store; free) or iOS: Notes app (iOS store; free; use mic, don’t type).
- Best Practices for Safety Conducting Hearing Testing During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19: Moving Toward Full Audiology Services
- COVID-19 in Cerumen—A Potential Source of Viral Spread of Patients Infected With SARS-CoV-2
- Labeling COVID-19’s Long-Term Effects—What’s the Diagnosis?
- CDC: ASL Video Series—COVID-19
- HLAA: How Do I Communicate with Doctors, Nurses, and Staff at the Hospital During COVID-19?
- HLAA: Communications & Medical Access in the Hospital During Disasters: Temporary Recommendations for Hospitals and Medical Facilities During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Guide For Deaf/Hard of Hearing To Communicate With Hospital Staff During Coronavirus Crisis
Announcing Our Academy Board of Directors Elected Members 2023–2024
Thank you to everyone who voted, we are so pleased to announce the newly elected members-at-large and president-elect who will join your Academy Board of Directors. President-Elect The president-elect will serve a three-year term (one year as president-elect, one year as president, and one year as past president) beginning October 1, 2023, and ending September…
The Academy and ADA Join Forces on Capitol Hill
Academy President Virginia Ramachandran, AuD, PhD, and Executive Director Patrick Gallagher, MBA, teamed up with the Academy of Doctors of Audiology (ADA) leadership to advocate for the profession on Capitol Hill. The group first met with Senator Elizabeth Warren’s (D-MA) office and then attended a fundraiser for Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA). Senators Warren and Grassley…