The Academy is dedicated to advancing the profession through increasing public awareness of audiology and the importance of hearing protection. Your grassroots efforts to educate the public locally will make a profound difference!
Raise awareness on social media and update your cover photo on Facebook, post on Instagram, and spread the word on Twitter with these awareness graphics.
Download the graphic: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Promote National Audiology Awareness Month
Check out our tools below to help promote National Audiology Awareness Month.
“Ask Me About Audiology” Campaign
“Ask Me About Audiology” (AMAA) is a campaign run annually by the Student Academy of Audiology (SAA) and is celebrating its eighth year in 2022. AMAA has become a staple of students in the Fall semester, celebrated on campuses all over. SAA chapters across the nation hold local AMAA events, such as passing out earplugs at sporting events, setting up a booth in a farmer’s market, and conducting interviews of SAA members for a social media series!
The campaign seeks to empower students to educate members of the local community about hearing healthcare, the impact of hearing loss/noise exposure, and the profession of audiology.
Follow the SAA on Instagram or Facebook to see student-themed content for National Audiology Awareness Month.
Raise Awareness on Social Media
During National Audiology Awareness Month, encourage your family and friends to practice healthy hearing habits such as wearing hearing protection. Recognize the importance of hearing health with the images and infographics below provided by National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD), and Noisy Planet educational program.
Check out NIDCD’s latest article Diagnosing Hidden Hearing Loss and feel free to share with your networks!
Share the materials below on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn!
Download: English graphic | Spanish graphic | GIF
Sample Social Media Posts
- October is National Audiology Awareness Month! Join @NIDCD and learn why it’s important to safeguard your hearing and wear hearing protectors in noisy situations. #NPYHM
- American Academy of Audiology joins forces @NIDCD to observe National Protect Your Hearing Month this October. #NPYHM
- October is National Audiology Awareness Month! Learn how you can keep your hearing safe when sounds get too loud. #NPYHM
- October is National Protect Your Hearing Month, and there’s no better time to learn how to protect yourself and your loved ones from noise-induced hearing loss with It’s a Noisy Planet. Protect Their Hearing!
Sample E-mail Blast or Blog Feature
- During National Protect Your Hearing Month this October, encourage your family, friends, and colleagues to practice healthy hearing habits such as wearing hearing protection so they can enjoy the sounds they love for a lifetime. Recognize the importance of hearing health with the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, and the Noisy Planet educational program: https://bit.ly/3lVCKmD
Statistics and facts courtesy of the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).