In 2022, the theme of this recognition day is, “To hear for life, listen with care!”
World Hearing Day 2022: March 3
On World Hearing Day 2022, the World Health Organization (WHO) will focus on the importance of safe listening as a means of maintaining good hearing across the life course. The new theme for 2022 will focus on the importance and means of hearing loss prevention through safe listening
The Academy has created some visual resources and press release information that you can use to help show your support for this day and to raise awareness of hearing health care.
Press Release Templates
Social Media Posts and Web Graphics
Share these social media images leading up to World Hearing Day! Use hashtag #WorldHearingDay.
Sample Social Media Posts
Use the hashtags #safelistening #worldhearingday #hearingcare on any of your posts!
- Celebrated every year on March 3, World Hearing Day (WHD) raised awareness on how to prevent deafness and hearing loss and to promote ear and hearing care across the world. Join me in celebrating WHD! #hearingcare
- To hear for life, listen with care! This is the theme of World Hearing Day 2022, and as an audiologist I support this mission. Providing for my patients and helping those with hearing loss lead better lives is my passion, thank you WHO for making #worldhearingday possible!
- Safe listening and protecting oneself against loud sounds are part of the WHO’s mission for World Hearing Day 2022. We as audiologists have the power and the duty to spread the message about the importance of preventative care and timely action to prevent hearing loss.
- If you know someone who is at risk for a hearing loss, please encourage them to have their hearing checked more regularly. There’s no better day to serve this reminder than March 3, World Hearing Day! #hearingcare
- Good hearing and communication are important for a connection, and being connected have never been more important. Keep your loved ones close, protect your ears. #worldhearingday
Small Grants for World Hearing Day
As part of the activities of the World Hearing Forum, the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Coalition for Global Hearing Health (CGHH) invite proposals for WHF-CGHH Small Grants for World Hearing Day 2022.
To promote and support actions, WHO and CGHH have launched a small grants scheme. As part of this scheme, partners can apply for a grant of up to $800 USD to cover expenses related to activities they are doing on 2022 World Hearing Day.
To learn more about the small grants scheme and to submit your application, go to https://cghh.usu.edu/smallgrants/2022/.
Applications must be submitted by February 7, 2022.