Why join the Academy?
If you are an audiologist, an audiology student, or a related professional, the American Academy of Audiology provides the relevant resources and support for your educational and professional needs.
Learn more about the benefits of membership and apply. Special membership classes are available to members that qualify. Eligibility requirements are provided below, contact the membership department for annual dues rates and to apply.
- Affiliate -- $330
- Audiology Assistant Affiliate -- $80
- Fellow -- $330
- $50 discount available for Distance Learning, proof of enrollment required
- Discount Available for New Professionals (Current, Previous, and Third Year Graduate)
- Fellow Doctoral Student -- $60
- International -- $230
- Life Member: A Life member is a fellow member in good standing for at least thirty (30) years. Fellow members may apply for Life membership by emailing the membership department. Dues will remain at the same rate as prior member category, paid annually.
- Life Member-Retired: A Life Member-Retired member is a Fellow member that qualifies for Life membership and is fully retired from the profession of audiology. Fellow members may apply for Life Member-Retired membership by emailing the membership department. Dues are $60 annually.
- Retired: A Retired member is a Fellow member who has fully retired from the profession of audiology but does not meet the requirements for Life Member-Retired membership. Fellow members may apply for Retired membership by emailing the membership department. Dues are $60 annually.
- Disability: A Fellow member who is no longer able to work due to a disability may apply for Disability membership by submitting a written request to the membership department along with documentation of disability. Dues are determined at the time of approval, paid annually.
- Family Leave: A Fellow member may apply for Family Leave membership if one has stopped working completely to care full-time for a family member or is taking an extended leave of absence from the profession of audiology. There is a maximum five (5) year lifetime limit on the duration of Family Leave membership. Contact the membership department to apply. Dues are determined at the time of approval, paid annually.
Student Academy of Audiology
- Student Member -- $60
- Undergraduate Associate -- $40