The Academy monitors state legislative activities and represents the interests of audiologists on state issues impacting the practice of audiology.
The State Relations Committee (SRC) has a priority to expand the outreach to state audiology groups to share Academy resource material and to identify common policy agenda. The SRC had planned a State Showcase for AAA 2020 to include panels of state representatives to discuss current issues; however, the cancellation of the conference due to COVID postponed the Showcase.
In preparation for the planned Showcase, the SRC had distributed a questionnaire to state audiology groups requesting profile information and updates on priorities. The following document is a compilation of the information collected through the questionnaires:
The SRC has subsequently invited state audiology groups to prepare brief video updates for posting on the Academy web site. As state groups provide videos, the SRC will post them here for audiologists to access information on their own or other state activities. Any state audiology group interested in submitting a video should contact Kathleen Bishop.
Recent State News (2020)
- State and Local COVID-19 Response Information—Continuously Updated
- New Laws in Connecticut and Maine Effective January 1, 2020 Expand Hearing Aid Coverage to Include Adults
Recent State News (2019)
- Academy Submits Comments to DC Council Expressing Concern about Recently Introduced Bill—the “Hearing Aid Sales Amendment Act of 2019.”
- State Policymakers Interested in Telehealth Look to On-Going Study on Early Identification of Hearing Loss in Rural Alaska for Lessons Learned
- Academy Action Alert on NY Legislation
- Academy Weighs in on PA Legislation
- State Hearing Health Insurance Mandates
- State Rules and Licensure Laws for Audiology Assistant
- State Scopes of Practice for Audiology
- Academy supports multistate licensure compact
- Plans Underway to Develop an Audiology Multistate Licensure Compact