November 3, 2022
Advertising refers to all print and electronic opportunities.
All advertising is subject to approval by the American Academy of Audiology (Academy). The Academy reserves the right to accept only that advertising that meets our standards. These standards include, but are not limited to the following:
- Products or services eligible for advertising should be relevant and of value to the science and daily practice of audiology and its related disciplines.
- The acceptability of an advertisement or sponsored content for publication will be based upon legal, social, professional, and ethical considerations.
- The Academy reserves the right to refuse, reject, or cancel any advertisement or sponsored content for any reason at any time without liability, even though previously acknowledged or accepted.
- Acceptance of an advertisement or sponsored content does not imply the Academy’s endorsement or guarantee of the product or service advertised. The Academy is not responsible for any claims made in an advertisement or sponsored content.
- The Academy will review all advertisements and sponsored content for claims.
- Statements about and illustrations of all products must meet professional standards. They must not be deceptive or misleading by either statement or omission, must not disparage others in the advertisement or sponsored content or on their website, and must not make unsupported claims.
- Advertisers making claims are expected to have research data that substantiates these claims and that is easily assessable via a website and/or made available upon request.
- Products must be in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws, and they must meet applicable FDA regulations and FTC requirements. Adherence to legal and regulatory requirements concerning the content of advertising is the manufacturer’s responsibility.
- Advertising or sponsored content in conflict with the Academy’s Code of Ethics and/or any of the Academy’s related ethical practice guidelines will not be accepted.
- Advertising or sponsored content for products and services deemed to be in direct competition with the Academy’s or Academy Foundation’s products and services ordinarily will not be accepted unless otherwise approved by the Board of Directors.
- The Academy and Foundation will publish the following disclaimer on all publications and exhibit/sponsorship contracts respectively:
“Publication of an article, or advertisement, in any Academy publication does not constitute a guarantee or endorsement of the quality, safety, or effectiveness of any products or services described therein or of any of the representations or claims made by the author(s) or manufacturer(s) with respect to such products or services.”
“Presentation, or advertisement, at any Academy expo, convention, or meeting does not constitute a guarantee or endorsement of the quality, safety, or effectiveness of any products or services described therein or of any of the representations or claims made by the author(s) or manufacturer(s) with respect to such products or services.”
NOTE: For all of the AAA Conference and HearTECH Expo, formerly AudiologyNOW!, related advertising, including in the Academy’s on-site Conference Guide, advertisers must also follow the following policies in their printed and online promotions as stated below:
- Any exhibitor-sponsored giveaway must be non-exclusionary without purchase or consideration needed by the attendee and open to all registered attendees of AAA. Promotions must take place within the exhibiting company’s booth. The exhibitor will be responsible for ensuring and complying with all applicable laws. Any giveaway provided to attendees must be related to the profession or in keeping with the theme. Companies in violation will be subject to the penalty as listed in the Enforcement of Rules and be applied to Priority Point space selection.
- As of June 2010, AAA YEAR + HearTECH Expo (formerly AudiologyNOW!) is the official name of our conference and should be referenced as such.
- Advertisers may use the AAA YEAR + HearTECH Expo name in their creative and/or the AAA YEAR + HearTECH Expo Exhibitor logo, supplied by the Academy.
- The Academy must be reference in full name first and then can be thereafter abbreviated as the Academy.