- Plan the annual research conference.
- Grow recognition and attendance of the research conference.
- Secure conference funding through NIH/NIDCD grant proposals or other external funders, as approved by the Academy board.
- Cultivate a welcoming environment that values diversity of people and perspectives in approaching the activities of the committee.
- Promote inclusive practices and multicultural competencies in initiatives, programs, selected speakers, and other activities.
The work of the Academy Research Conference (ARC) Task Force is overseen by the Research Initiatives Committee.