- Increase member awareness of research by and for audiologists or which has relevance for audiologists, particularly if connected to Academy strategic priorities.
- Recommend high-priority and relevant research to Outreach Committee for promotion.
- Recommend necessary position papers or clinical practice guidelines to advance Academy strategic priorities.
- Address gaps in research and evidence necessary to advance Academy priorities.
- Manage the research grant programs of the Academy with a focus on incentivizing the production and promotion of research that advances Academy strategic priorities.
- Develop and administer program to assist young investigators with embarking in the presentation and peer-review publishing process.
- Promote research grant opportunities that are available through other organizations that align with Academy priorities.
- Karah Gottschalk, AuD, PhD
- Johnathon O'Neal
- Yang-Soo Yoon, PhD
- Sreedivya Radhakrishnan, PhD
The work of the Research Initiatives Committee is overseen by the Scientific Advisory and External Relations Council.