- Educate and increase member awareness of the Academy's Code of Ethics and the practical application of the code, rules, and advisory opinions.
- Maintain a current and relevant the Code of Ethics to which members are bound (Changes to the Code of Ethics, policies and procedures, and advisory opinions must be approved by the Academy Board of Directors prior to implementation and publication).
- Produce advisory opinions clarifying ethics principles and rules.
- Formulate, review, update, and publicize policies and procedures for the review of complaints.
- Review public and member complaints alleging unethical behavior by members. Resolve and determine appropriate disciplinary action (decisions are subject to appeal to the Academy Board).
- Track state licensure continuing education requirements for audiologists relative to ethics content to support needed professional education.
- Victor Bray, PhD
- Sarah Crow, AuD
- Lauren Fedt, AuD
- Melissa Ferrello, AuD
- Ashley Gaucher, AuD
- Emily Patterson, AuD
- Maria Pomponio, AuD
- Sarah Sparks, AuD
- Michelle Tejada, AuD
How to Apply
Interested in volunteering for the Ethical Practices Committee? Learn more about available volunteer opportunities and how to apply. You must be logged in to the Audiology Community to view and apply for open volunteer opportunities. If you have questions about any of the Academy's volunteer opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.