- The Ethical Practices Committee's primary role is to educate and increase member awareness of the Academy's Code of Ethics and the practical application of the code, rules, and advisory opinions;
- Periodically review and update the Code of Ethics to which members are bound and produce advisory opinions clarifying ethics principles and rules. (Changes to the Code of Ethics, policies, and procedures, and advisory opinions must be approved by the Academy Board of Directors prior to implementation and publication.)
- Formulate, review, update, and publicize policies and procedures for the review of complaints
- Review public and member complaints alleging unethical behavior by members. Resolve and determine appropriate disciplinary action (decisions are subject to appeal to the Academy Board); and,
- Include staff liaison and council chair in communications.
- Ashley Andrew, AuD
- Victor Bray, AuD
- Lynn Cook, AuD
- Sarah Crow, AuD
- Alison Grimes, AuD
- Joseph Montano, EdD
- Alecia Manning, AuD
- Michelle Tejada, AuD
- Babette Verbsky, PhD
How to Apply
Interested in volunteering for the Ethical Practices Committee? Learn more about available volunteer opportunities and how to apply. You must be logged in to the Audiology Community to view and apply for open volunteer opportunities. If you have questions about any of the Academy's volunteer opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.