- Represent the Academy at the AMA RUC and CPT Editorial Panel to enhance the ability of audiologists to report and be reimbursed for services. Protect the valuation of audiology procedures at the AMA RUC.
- Develop, revise, or delete CPT codes consistent with Academy advocacy priorities.
- Respond to CMS or AMA requirements for coding or valuation updates.
- Cultivate relationships with partner organizations for necessary collaboration and support of editorial activities.
- Identify evidence needed to support successful code proposals and valuation of audiology services.
- Proactively identify potential legislative or regulatory challenges that could impact development or valuation of codes.
- Review governmental policies affecting payment and professional autonomy and make recommendations in consort with the Advocacy Council and other Academy stakeholders.
- Communicate intended strategy to Advocacy Council and BOD to ensure alignment
- Recommend position papers or clinical practice guidelines that would advance Academy strategic priorities.
- Annette Burton, AuD
- Patricia Gaffney, AuD
- Adam Mehlenbacher, AuD
- Erin Miller, AuD
- Tracy Murphy, AuD
- Paul Pessis, AuD
- Brad Stach, PhD
The work of the Practice Policy Advisory Committee is overseen by the Advocacy Council.